Saturday, October 24, 2015

Mixed Media tag

 
 
 
Hello!  Have you tried any projects using mixed media?  If you have not, I urge you to try.  It is so freeing to create.  There are no 'rules' to mixed media.  However you place things on your project is how it goes.  I am not an experienced mixed media artist, but I am a beginner who loves to have fun!  The first step to being great at anything, is practicing and just plain starting.
 
I used my Tim Holtz tag die set and cut from a manila folder I had laying around.  It's a great size tag that allows you to have lots of options size wise.  I then took my Dylusions Paint that I purchased from Simon Says Stamp at their Ranger sale and used my finger to paint the blue and purple.  I had no rhyme or reason to where I put the paint, just where I thought it looked good.
 
I then took a Tim Holtz stencil and with the black Dylusions paint, dabbed some over the stencil.  The 'exploding' heart is from Limor Webber.  I had been eyeing up her stamps and low and behold on Blitsy came a Limor Webber sale.  Have you checked out Blitsy???  Check it out here and be ready to purchase!  Use the link I shared and receive $10 off of your first order when you order within 24 hours of signing up using my link!  I love Blitsy and find amazing deals!
 
I then took the Beautiful Life stamp set from Honey Bee Stamps and used the You are loved and hearts.  The You are loved should not have been purple, but in the spur of the moment I was not prepared for embossing that popped into my mind.  I grabbed the purple and embossed .. Not the smartest idea to emboss purple over purple paint.. It still looks awesome, but lessoned learned.  The hearts I used my Hero Arts white embossing powder.
 
After the hearts were ready, I took a brush and painted in some pink Dylusions paint for a little pop of color.
 
The small dots came from a stencil.  I used a lime green gelato and my whipped spackle to create the color you see.  I added some twine and ribbon to the top.  I plan on placing this on either a card or in my scrapbook. 
 
I am in love with Mixed Media creations.. I truly hope you try it out as well.  I'd love to see what you create if this has inspired you!
 
Happy crafting
~Kara
 


No comments:

Post a Comment