Monday, December 28, 2015

Snowflakes from The Ton

Hello!  Thanks for stopping by
 
I hope that you had a GREAT Christmas if you celebrate.  I wanted to share a tag and a card I made using the Snowflake stamp set from The Ton.
 
The first one is a card I made knowing it would go to my Dad and step Mom.  I could make purple everything and not blink an eye. 
 
I am going crazy over the 'bokeh' look.  I knew I could achieve the same general look with the snowflakes.  I took my distress ink and made the background with two different colors (Dusty Concord and Shaded Lilac).  I used the same colors for the larger snowflakes. 
 
The brighter purple I used Brutus Monroe ink Aubergine.  It made those smaller flakes pop!
 
I then took the gorgeous embossing power from Stampendous in the shabby white to emboss.  I feel like this is kind of chucky in style.  It's different than other embossing powers I have used. 
 
I then added Merry Christmas  and embossed to complete the card.
 
 
The tag I used the same exact colors and technique.  Adding to and from to make it a gift tag.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you had a very Merry Christmas
~Kara
 


No comments:

Post a Comment