Sunday, January 17, 2016

Friendship card using Splatter with Dylusions

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
I have been trying to get organized enough to participate in some card challenges.    Some of these challenges you need a specific layout, some you need specific colors.  For this challenge you could only use the colors you see... Turquoise, Orange, Pink and White.   I made a few cards for this challenge and I will share one with you today.
 
I LOVE to play with my Dylusions Paint from Ranger.  To play in paint is so freeing!  Where ever it lands.. it lands!   I had just received my splatter brush made by Tim Holtz (I purchased from Blitsy.. Blisty is my online crafting obsession.. LOL  You can save $10 on your first order by using this link.  Once you sign up.. you have to complete your purchase within 24 hours for the $10. http://blitsy.com/ref/gz0g7j )
 
With the splatter tool I randomly flicked paint .. As you can see there is not much control over the matter.  I ended up with a large orange blob, but I did not want to mess it up by scraping it off in case I wanted to use that side. 
 
 
I then took my Pocket Pieces Hello die set from Craftin Desert Divas and cut out the 3 coordinating colors.  Once I had these cut out I pondered for a bit what I'd do with them.. left alone and bare looked horrible.. I tried some sequins.. and finally it dawned on me to use my white paint and platter as well.  I had already stamped my sentiment, so I took a small piece of paper and covered the sentiment.  It is easiest to place whatever you are painting in a box.. this way when it 'splats' it won't ruin anything.
 


Once I had all of this splattered, I let it set over night to dry. 
 

 
The sentiment and my die cut 'friend' is from My Creative Time.  I just love the friendship set.. So many possibilities..
 
The final card turned out miraculous .. it is so eye catching that I can not wait to get it mailed to my girlfriend.. I ended up covering that large orange blob I had, but I'm glad I left it there because I wasn't sure.  For the friend die cut.. I took my 3 stamp pads and went directly to the letters.. I ended up putting 2 coats on.
 

 
 

Thank you so much for stopping by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment