Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happy Birthday Scrapbook Layout

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
Today I'd like to share a scrapbook page made for a weekend birthday hop at Craftin Desert Divas.  If you have been wanting to try some digital stamps.. 
 
I took out my 12x12 paper (which felt weird because I have been really just making cards).  I wanted the 'cow' look to my background.  I used distress spray in black.  I suppose I could have just sprayed the bottle, but I chose to take the spray out and flick with the end of the sprayer bottle.  Just a warning that the it could and probably will go just about everywhere.   Set that aside to let dry.
 
I then took out Pocket pieces hello dies and used the banner to cut out 5 for "Emily".  I wanted her name to be front and center since the day was all about her! The letter cut outs are from Sizzix.  I temporarily lay out my scrapbook pages until I know for sure it's the final layout.  One tip that I saw from a card maker was to take a photo of how you want it to be laid out and that gives you a picture to refer back to!  I thought that was clever and genius.
 
Behind the photo I wanted a different look and not just a rectangle.  So I took out my Stitched scallop dies and cut each side of the rectangle for a cute looking edge. 
 
The cow image is a digital image only available this weekend Birthday Cow, so grab that cutie while you can.  I colored her with spectrum noir markers and it was way too busy to just place her on to the cow print paper... So I took out the Fancy frame dies to make the black background.
 
It was Emily's 2nd birthday so I wanted to document that someway.  I used the small tag from the pocket pieces hello dies and 2nd from bring on the cake placing that under the strings on the balloon to make it look attached. 
 
I then used Happy Birthday from Bring on the cake stamped at the top in Black Onyx Versafine.  I love foam mounting tape so the banners and birthday cow are all raised with dimension.
 
I hope this has inspired you to get your craft on.
Happy Crafting
~Kara
 
Craftin Desert Divas products used
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment