Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Happy Birthday shaker!

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
Happy Birthday cards can be used anytime and all year long!  It never hurts to have a few on hand.   I am showcasing the digital image Happy Birthday Hippo found here from Craftin Desert Divas.   
 
I also used the stamp set Bring on the Cake found here
Shaker elements can be found in the sweetness collection
 
I first took Bring on the Cake stamp set and placed Cake Cake Cake and Bring on the Cake to a block and stamped a 6x6 paper.  I wanted a center point for Happy Birthday so I placed that in the middle with a pink color. 
 
I printed the digital hippo, colored and then cut with my Brother Scan N Cut.  I'm impressed with this machine more and more.  It does amazing cuts.
 
 I decided to make my card to a shaker (shaker everything!! LOL).  I went a different route and made it a tiny shaker window highlighting the Happy Birthday sentiment.  To make a shaker you need either fun foam or 3m foam tape.  I use transparency film to make my window.   I hope to start to video my card making soon.  While I'm not a professional shaker maker.. I hope that I can help some who would like to learn. 
 
I can tell the weather makes dry and static filled conditions.. Some of the shaker elements are sticking on the inside of  my shaker window..
 
Once I had all of my elements complete.. I began to layer and assemble the shaker window.  Adding the Hippo and streamers to the top. 
 
I hope this has inspired you to be crafty!
Happy Crafting
~Kara
 


No comments:

Post a Comment