Saturday, April 9, 2016

Simple Cancer Cannot card

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
Today I want to share a very simple card I made.  The verse is called Cancer Cannot....
 
I first inked up my background using Pink Ribbon Background from Sparkle N Sprinkle.   I used the Thistle Thicket ink bite from So Suzy Stamps.   I then took my Wink of Stella pink pen and clear pen to color in the hearts.  A photo does not show the glitter, but it adds a special touch to the card.
 
I then took my stamp Cancer Cannot from Verses Rubber Stamps and used my favorite white ink of all time from Brutus Monroe Alabaster.  Stamping this with my Mini Misti (LIFESAVER if you are a new or seasoned stamper) in case my print did not come out good the first time.  I took my heat gun to set the ink.. I didn't want to take any chances on it smearing. 
 
I love kraft paper.. It mixed with anything makes a gorgeous mix.  So I took a Kraft card base (I get mine at Michaels) layers my card and then decided to make a layer under the verse.  Adding some faux stitched lines with my gelly pen and a few dots around the corners of the verse... made the final touch!
 
I added a little stamp on the inside.  I normally do not stamp so there is more writing room, but I felt it was fitting to place the stamp today.  This is also from Sparkle N Sprinkle.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope this has inspired you to be crafty.  We all have someone in our life who needs some inspiration.  Inspire someone today!
~Kara
 

No comments:

Post a Comment